- Analytical Techniques Available for LCDs
- Do you have any trouble in LCD panel?
- Characterization of the blister gas in the LCD panel by Raman Spectroscopy and TPD-MS
Blister generation of a LCD panel inside is one of the reasons of the indication deterioration. Raman spectrometry and TPD-MS can give information on the composition of the small blisters generated inside of the LCD panel.
- Analysis of liquid crystal impurities and optical films for LCD panels
1. Chemical structure of the organic laminated film by precise oblique cutting + TOF-SIMS
2. Qualitative analysis of the foreign substances by microsampling + FT-IR
3. Identifying of the diffusion of sealant components into the liquid crystal in the model testing (HPLC and LC/MS) of LCD manufacturing process
- Analysis of Blemish in LCD Panels
TOF-SIMS (Time of Flight –Secondary Ion Mass Spectroscopy) and Resonant Raman spectroscopy has been successfully applied to analysis of blemish in Liquid Crystal Display panel.
- Enclosed Gas Analysis of Display Panel
TPD-MS (Temperature Programmed Desorption- Mass Spectrometry) is one of the most powerful techniques to analyze of the enclosed gases in a FPD panel. By destroying a panel in an in-house airtight container equipped with a highly sensitive mass spectrometer enables not only qualitative but quantitative analysis of the enclosed gas. Raman spectroscopy is an alternative method for characterization of a small amount of gas. We have developed original sampling method for the measurement of bubbles in a liquid display panel.
- Evaluation of peripheral components of display panels
For display panels, higher specifications are needed not only in the structure of display parts but also in the peripheral parts (sealing, planarization layer, wiring, optical film, touch panel etc.).
The analytic menu and SEM observation example are shown below.
- Analysis of the cause on troubles of polymer film products
There are many causes of troubles to be possible to occur on the film. They are assigned to the external factors and the internal factors. Foreign substances and surface contamination are the external factors, and segregation, aggregation and volatilization of additives as well as discoloration by chemical structure changes are the internal factors. We can propose the effective analyses to find out the causes of troubles from our abounding experiences.
- Physical property, composition and structure of amorphous IGZO thin film
IGZO has attracted attention as a transparent electrode material such as display applications. Its electrical properties changed by the film deposition conditions, a difference in composition and internal structure of the thin film is affected. The change of the composition and structure in the amorphous IGZO film can be measured by Raman spectroscopy, RBS and XAFS.
- Structural analysis of TAOS by various spectroscopy
Defects and coordination structure of the transparent amorphous oxide semiconductor typified by a-IGZO (TAOS), can be analyzed in detail by ESR, solid-state NMR, Raman and CL.
- Electronic states of a-In-Zn-O films analyzed by x-ray photoelectron and reflected electron energy loss spectroscopies
It is important to investigate the electronic states of transparent conductive oxide (TCO) films to acquire the directions for electrical property control and device development. In this study, we investigated the electronic states of indium zinc oxide (IZO) films deposited under different oxygen flow ratios. The influence of oxygen flow ratios on the electrical properties of IZO films is discussed on the basis of the results obtained by electron spectroscopies.
- u-RBS/HFS Composition and Density Analysis in Micro Region
New focusing method for MeV ion beam has been developed, and this leads to the application of RBS / HFS analysis in 100mm square (m-RBS / HFS). This method will give you accurate composition and depth profile in specific area, which is useful for evaluation of thin films in devices, antireflection layer in solar cell, etc.