- Coverage evaluation of active material by NanoSIMS
The NanoSIMS 50L can provide the highest lateral resolution among secondary ion mass spectrometry and can simultaneously achieve high sensitivity and high mass resolution. Here, we introduce example of LTO thin layer coated on LCO powder using NanoSIMS.
- One stop analytic service of Lithium ion Battery
Toray Research Center is providing characteristic evalution of LIB through pilot making, safety testing and disassemble analysis to support customer's research & development of LIB.
- Material evaluation of battery pack
Analysis for the materials of battery pack & casing such as plastics & resins are avaliable. Material evaluation by the perspective of thermal management and safety. Support for optimal design evaluation of thermal stability.
- XAFS and STEM analysis of high resistance phase increased in NCA cathode of LIB
To clarify degradation mechanism in cathode active materials under various test conditions, we provide analysis services of surface valence state, local valence state and crystal structure distribution in active materials of test cells at controlled states of charge.
- RBS/NRA/PIXE depth profile of LIB positive electrode
As for the analysis of highly-active materials, such as charged-state lithium ion battery (LIB) electrodes, it is necessary to reduce the change of properties during the measurement. With ion scattering analysis, as typified by RBS, composition depth profile can be obtained without using ion etching, which may cause sample degradation. Here, we show the example of compositional depth profile of LIB positive electrode, applying RBS / NRA / PIXE analysis.
- Nano-scale Analysis of Chemical State and Structure for LIB Cathode Materials
Scanning Transmission X-ray Microscope(STXM) has a spatial resolution of ～40 nm and ahigh energy resolution. STXM is a useful method to evaluate chemical states and crystal structures in a nano-scale region. Therefore, the charge state and the degradation of LIB chathode can be investigated by using the advantage of STXM analysis.
- Heating behavior analysis of LIB cathode active material using in-situ TEM and ASTAR-1
In order to obtain high safety of LIB, it is important to clarify the heating behavior of the active material. By combining STEM observation of temperature rising behavior with in-situ TEM and domain structure observation technology with ASTAR, it is possible to give the relationship between temperature rising behavoir of the LIB cathode acutive material and microscopic structural change.
- Thermal stability analysis of NMCs with various Co concentrations
In this study, we synthesized 3 chemically delithiated NMCs using strong oxidizer, NO2BF4 and evaluated their thermal stability and structual change in various concentrations of Co. Total amount of oxygen evolution after hearting decreased in lower Co concentration (532＞541＞550), but generation behavior was different in low and high temperature regions. Layered phace with Li site mostly filled was detected in 541 an 550 at 200℃ by HT-XRD, which implies that this phase has an effect on thermal stability of cathode.
- Cross sectional Li imaging in negative electrode of lithium ion battery by auger electron spectroscopy
Auger electron spectroscopy(AES) is a powerful technique to detect elements on material surfaces in order of several nm and to observe elemental distributions with sub-micron of spatial resolution due to a focused electron beam. Therefore, we can obtain cross sectional Li distributions in negative electrodes of lithium ion batteries(LIBs) by AES.
- RBS/NRA depth profile of LIB negative electrode after charge - discharge cycles
Lithium Ion Battery (LIB) negative electrode can be analyzed by RBS / NRA method. Keeping charge - discharge state, depth profile can be obtained from surface to bulk. Generally, the quantitative value is considered to be as accurate as ICP-AES.
- Microstructure analysis for SiO anode of lithium ion battery by STEM
Cs-correcte of STEM can analyze structure elements distribution and chemical states at ultra-fine area for deteriorated SiO particle of Lithium ion battery.
- Depth profile analysis of SEI on anode by GCIB-TOF-SIMS
GC-IB TOF-SIMS provides us depth profile with chemical structural information of organic compounds.Depth distribution of organic compounds in SEI on electrode can be obtained. This method is useful for SEI evalution.
- Surface analysis of SEI film on the LIB negative electrode
This article shows surface analyses of SEI (solid electrolyte interface) on the negative electrodes before (Fresh) and after charge-discharge cycles (After cycles).
- Degradation analysis of LIB with graphite ／ SiO composite anode
Toray Research Center can conduct test poduction of LIB cells and their aging tests. Here, we analyzed the LIB with graphite/SiO composite anode after cycle test and estimated the cause for the capacity fade.
- Three-dimensional network analysis of pores in lithium ion battery separator
The characteristics of the lithium ion battery are greatly influenced by the pore distribution of the separator. We introdece the case of three dimensional analysis of pore distribution for separator using FIB/SEM.
- Generated gas Analysis of Lithium Ion Battery
There are concerns with generating various gases from LIB containing organic solvents. Toray Research Center, Inc. is able to manufacture LIB by way of trial and totally analyze and evaluate including gas analysis.
- Analysis of generated ingredients during LIB safety test
Ensuring safety is a more important issue than even before, as lithium ion battery(LIB) are becoming lager in vehicles and in stationary applications. Toray research center,Inc. can conduct one-stop tests from various tests to analysis of components(gas,mist,dust)generated duriong the tests.
- Various kinds of in-situ measurements of lithium ion battery materials
TRC can provide various kinds of in-situ measurements of lithium ion battery.Here, some examples of in-situ applications are shown, such as, charge-discharge in situ Raman measuremennt,and temperature dependence of diffusion coefficients estimated by PFE-NMR
- Evaluation items for all solid state battery
We supports your reseach development of All-solid-state battery. We provide a lot of high-accuracy analytical methods of Solid Electolyte under an inert atmosphere.
- Li ion dynamics measurement and in situ Li depth profiling of solid state electrolyte
Our services of diffusion coefficient and relaxation time analysis by NMR is useful for Li mobility evaluation. Also we provide in situ NRA analysis for depth profiling of Li around electrode/solid electrolyte interface at controlled voltages along with electrochemical data.
- Structural analysis of sulfide solid-state electrolytes -Next-generation battery material-
Heating of sulfide solid electrolyte results in the changes of its chemical structure, crystallinity and Li-ion mobility. Raman, Solid-state NMR, Outgas analysis and XRD provide these information and are useful for developing new solid electrolytes and evaluating their performance.
- Evaluation of surface coating layer on active materials
Surface coating on active materials can improve battery performance, and thin coating with high coverage is required. LEIS, XPS, TEM-EDX, and TOF-SIMS can acquire coverage, thickness, and surface distribution of coating.